Verrado Expands English Department

Nick Andrus, VHS Writer

New Teacher Ms. Grant calls Verrado home after a semester of teaching

As the school year progresses on, freshmen and junior English teacher Ms. Grant is one of the newest additions in the B- wing and at Verrado High School, and has really enjoyed her teaching experience so far.

A classroom made up of three walls can be quite difficult for some students and teachers to adjust to, but that has not seemed to bother Ms. Grant, “ I love the whole ‘One Verrado’ theme, and I really like the school,”  stated Grant.

Ms. Grant is a local from the Valley and attended Scottsdale Community College before transferring to Ottawa University, where she finished her schooling and headed immediately entered the teaching field.

Verrado High School is the third high school she has taught at. She has taught English and coached track and field at a few local schools in the valley including Valley Vista and Estrella Foothills.  

“ I actually really like that class,” said junior Scott Chestnut, “the teacher is mellow and nice.”

In her free time, Ms. Grant coaches a club soccer team and likes to run. Although she is not involved in any clubs or out of class activities right now,  she is hoping to get involved in something soon.  

Even though Ms. Grant has only been a part of Verrado for a semester she is comfortable calling it home, and is a great addition to the teaching staff of Verrado.