Advice to Future Seniors

Being a senior means that I have experienced just about everything there is to see in the crazy jungle of emotions and people known as high school, so I want to look back at the things I learned and the things that I got out of my high school years. First things first, being yourself especially in today’s world is a huge thing that I learned how to deal with while being in High School. Though there are many things that I am still figuring out about myself, I learned how to be okay with myself and deal with the fact that not everyone will like you no matter how hard you try to make friends with everyone. Another thing that I got out of high school was the ability to make more friends faster. Now you might be asking yourself, how can this be done? Easy, remember that everyone is human and that they have their own insecurities just like you. When you start to realize this, making friends becomes so much easier because you start to remember everyone else is human just like you.  

Another takeaway that I got from high school is that getting your work done on time is the key to academic success in both high school and college. I know that doing school works trust me I know how that feels especially from a procrastinator like myself, but when you get your work done before or even on the due date, it will spare you the headache and pain of having to stay up late till 3 in the morning catching up on school work. Doing this will also teach you to have a stronger work ethic which will definitely come in handy when it comes to college because professors will not be as forgiving as your average high school teacher. Something that I wish I got more out of when it comes to high school is clubs and other extracurricular activities. I did play baseball all 4 years of high school but I wish I did more than that because there is so much more to do than just sports. You can do theater, band, fashion club, and plenty more to get the most out of high school so I would definitely recommend doing extracurriculars to spice up your high school experience even further.  

The last thing I want to talk about is relationships. Now, this can be a touchy subject because some believe that high school relationships are meaningless and others think that they are a good learning experience for future relationships, but I’m here to tell you that you are way better off staying single in high school than anything else. Spare yourself the pain of having to deal with a breakup with a girl/boy that never really meant anything to you in the first place and stay out of a relationship so you can have more time to hang out with your friends and focus on the things that really matter such as school and sports. Staying single can save you so much time and energy but at the end that is up to you the reader what you want to do with your time. In the end, if you’re still in high school, take advantage of that and get the most out of it that you can because before you know it, your 4 years will be over. Do all the extracurriculars you can and make as many friends as you can because your future self will thank you for it.