Mr.+Howard%2C+is+a+veteran+educator+teaching+English+Two+and+Three.+

Lillyan Terrell

Mr. Howard, is a veteran educator teaching English Two and Three.

Chicago Native Finds His Way to Verrado High School

This year at Verrado high school there are many new teachers,  due to all the new home construction around Buckeye and our nearby communities. Mr. Demetruis Howard is a native of Chicago, IL, and teaches English 2 and 3. Mr. Howard has worked in Education since the year 2009, since transitioning from accounting. Throughout his years, Mr. Howard has taught almost every single grade, including taking on the job of Principal at a charter school for 3 years.

Verrado was the perfect school for Mr. Howard to return to the classroom and be closer to home. Upon his return, he is looking forward to inspiring students to grow and develop into becoming their best selves. Mr. Howard is currently working on his master’s degree and has achieved several other degrees as well.

While not only pushing for himself and his students, he hopes to implement project-based learning successfully. Mr. Howard hopes to see an improvement in Viper Connect and students taking their education more seriously. When asked about his inspiration for teaching Mr. Howard stated. “I’m inspired when I observe students learning and excelling in their content. When students are inspired I’m encouraged to continue teaching.”.

Being new to Verrado or new in general can be pressuring, but maybe you and Mr. Howard can relate. Mr. Howard gives advice to the people who are also taking on the new experience of Verrado and says “Don’t stress about things, use the teachers you have around you for support.”

Asking how he put up with the challenge, he explains “ Work can be very busy and overwhelming at times but you have to set goals and plan your time.”

Outside of work, Mr. Howard enjoys spending time on hobbies. Such as building things and raising koi fish, but most importantly being close to home with his wife and two kids. Now we welcome Mr. Howard. He leaves us on the end note with the general advice “Always do your best, try new things. It’s okay to not get things right all the time, learn from your mistakes.”

Viper Times • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in