Dear Verrado: Ariel Bolich

Ariel Bolich
Ariel Bolich
Ariel Bolich

Dear Verrado,

Thank you for the opportunity to create new friends, grow as a person, and grow academically. My experience at Verrado has been a learning experience of meeting new people and going through the changes of my sophomore, junior, and senior year. Being at Verrado High School, I’ve been able to change and mature as I go into a new chapter. The friends that I have made during my three years at Verrado High School have shown me so much about life. My sophomore year was my very first year at Verrado High School. I had moved from a small town in California three weeks before the first day and I was terrified.

My freshman year was completely online and I didn’t know what to expect, but I was able to make friends fast and engage with my classes. I met two seniors that year which gave me a new outlook on what high school was like. They made me excited and were so kind and welcoming. My junior year was my second year here at Verrado. This year was exciting to me because we weren’t the young ones, but we also didn’t have the stress that senior year comes with.

In my junior year, I started to find that I loved making art. My art teacher, Mrs. DeMarco, was one of the best teachers I have ever had. She helped me with art and guided me through everything. It made junior year so much more exciting knowing that i would be able to go to her class every day and have a blast.

My senior year has been so exciting, and I’m so sad that this is all coming to an end. I have taken such good classes and I have had great teachers. Taking journalism this year was something new a different for me. But this class has taught me how to write, how to tell a story, and so much more. I’ve created such a great group of friends that I value and cherish so much. They have truly mad every day so much better.

This year, I’ve realized and have had so much gratitude for Verrado High School what it has taught me, and how it will change my life going forward. I am so grateful for my experiences at Verrado High School, whether it was a difficult day or the best day ever, everything happens for a reason and it shapes you into the person you are today.

Thank you, Verrado.

Love,
Ariel Bolich