Dear Verrado: Emma

Emma McWhorter and her friends taking a quick selfie at an assembly.

Dear Verrado High School,

Thank you for giving me the best four years of high school I could have ever imagined. I not only was able to meet some pretty amazing people but I also got to experience some first experiences. I had some pretty fantastic teachers these last four years which included Mrs. Wentz, Mrs. Summers, Mr. Marks, Mrs. Studts, and Mr. Garcia, all of whom were very kind and taught me some pretty important things. During my time at Verrado, I also enjoyed all of our school events like our football games, homecoming, prom, One Verrado Night, musicals, plays, and assemblies.

During my first year here at Verrado, I started off online and then transferred to in-person classes once COVID-19 had slowed down. My first year was filled with new friendships. I was able to get a feel for how Verrado ran their school, everything went smoothly and I knew my first year that I was going to love attending Verrado High School for the next three years. It truly was a year for new opportunities and discoveries for the years to come!

Once freshman year was over I knew I wanted to continue taking Latin class with Mrs. Wentz, she was by far my favorite teacher during both my freshman and sophomore years. My sophomore year was filled with fun activities including football games and homecoming. I went to a ton of football games where my friends and I cheered on our football team and homecoming with my best friend Zoe Udulutch.

If I had to pick my favorite year at Verrado I would choose my Junior year. It was the most fun-packed year with many exciting activities put on by our STUGO and school staff. I was able to attend both homecoming and prom that year with my friends. The classes I took were also very fun with the exciting topics I learned that year.

My time here at Verrado has been nothing but amazing, so thank you! I was able to meet some of the sweetest teachers and staff members along with making new friends. I am so glad I chose to attend Verrado High School.