Les Miserables Auditions!

Caleb Balos
Les Miserables is set in the second French Revolution. It is about resilience when times are tough.

Verrado Theatre is holding auditions for the spring musical Les Misérables on December 19th-20th. They’re currently wrapping up Mean Girls and are eager to dive into the new production.

Les Misérables, a beloved classic, follows Jean Valjean, a convict in France sentenced to 19 years of forced labor for stealing bread. Breaking parole, he strives to create a new life amidst the French Revolution.

Auditions take place on December 19th, with callbacks on December 20th. “Auditions will be very similar to the Mean Girls auditions. There are more roles this time, so lots of opportunity for students who want to try something new,” says Mrs. Farrington, Verrado Theatre Teacher.

The theatre department is always looking for new people to add to their productions, and theatre can be a great thing to add to someone’s high school experience.

According to Charlotte Wolter, Theatre Club president, “Being a part of Les Miserables would add to someone’s high school experience because of the community our theatre program has. Learning with one another brings you together.”

Les Misérables, a classic favorite, is eagerly anticipated as Verrado Theatre’s spring musical.

“We have worked hard to build a great ensemble over the past couple of years, and with a solid ensemble we are going to blow the audience away,” says Charlotte.

There is a place for everyone at Verrado Theatre, and newcomers are always welcome. The only requirement to audition is hopefuls must fill out the form posted on Google Classroom and sign up for an audition time outside the Black Box.

The Theatre Club Google Classroom code is yxg2gh3.