Breaking News

BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentines Day
BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentine's Day
Hannah Bruce, Allison Rospierski, and Aria Anderson February 15, 2024

Today we talk about our top three favorite romance movies to watch with your friends and loved ones during the season of love.

The person behind the profile picture might not be who they say they are, and online dating apps are an easy way for bad actors to meet up with unsuspecting young people.
Gen Z And The Dangerous Relationship With Online Dating
Alexa Simpson, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

With the privilege of about 97% of the American population owning a cell phone, it makes it possible for one to create personal relationships...

Many Sephora locations are struggling with the take over of young teens and tweens.
Sephora Kids Gone Wild
Alyssa Chavez, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024

A new alarming trend is capturing TikTok's attention with 9 to 11-year-olds raiding Sephoras around the U.S. Little girls are going to Sephora...

Student at Verrado Highschool scrolling on Tik Tok during class instruction
Tik Tok Is Ruining Your Life
Olivia Moran and Ariel Bolich February 1, 2024

Clean girl or downtown girl? Positive or negative canthal tilt? Low or high visual weight? Kids nowadays are asking themselves these questions,...

Meet the Staff
Aria Anderson
Aria Anderson
Staff Writer

Ever since Aria Anderson was little, words have always had a grasp on her. Whether it’s reading, writing, music, or just listening to someone speak, she continues to be inspired.  Her other interests...

Born and raised in Arizona,  Allison Rospierski did a little bit of everything. She has joined almost every sports team or club available to her. She loves trying new things but if she had to pick, playing...

Applying For Scholarships: Creating a Better Future in School

In today’s competitive academic landscape, scholarships provide crucial financial relief to students pursuing higher education. These financial aids, awarded based on factors like academic achievements, leadership skills, and talents, make education accessible and affordable for deserving students. Scholarships free students from the burden of high tuition fees, allowing them to focus on their studies and personal growth.

Applying for scholarships is an important part of academics. Scholarships provide financial support, which can help with tuition fees and other expenses. It is always a good idea to start applying early so that you have enough time to explore different opportunities.

Graphic of a scholarship application with essential information needed to apply to them. (Bryson Taylor)

The Application Process

-Research: Start by researching available scholarships that match your academic profile and interests. Look in online scholarship databases, university financial aid offices, and professional associations. Make a list of potential scholarships, noting their eligibility requirements and deadlines.

-Organize: Create a checklist to track scholarship application deadlines, required documents, and submission details. Staying organized ensures you meet all requirements and submit applications on time.

-Write a compelling essay: Many scholarships require a personal essay highlighting your achievements and aspirations. Craft a well-structured essay showcasing your unique qualities and passion for your field of study. Tailor each essay to match the scholarship’s values and objectives.

-Gather supporting documents: Prepare a package of documents, including transcripts, recommendation letters, test scores, and proof of extracurricular activities or community service. Keep everything up-to-date and well-organized.

Make sure that you have a list of different options of scholarships that you are interested in, and give yourself plenty of time to write essays and get recommendation letters. Keep in mind that some scholarships have specific requirements and eligibility. Also, remember that you can include your achievements or community involvement that can help you stand out.

-Apply proactively: Don’t procrastinate; start early and allocate enough time for each application. Attention to detail and meeting deadlines increase your chances of success. Tips for Success

-Highlight achievements: Emphasize academic accomplishments, leadership roles, work experience, and community involvement. Scholarships often favor well-rounded candidates who excel academically and serve their communities.

-Tailor applications: Customize each application to match the scholarship’s requirements, objectives, and values. Show genuine interest and understanding of the scholarship program you’re applying to.

-Seek guidance: Consult teachers, mentors, or guidance counselors for insights and application material reviews. Their feedback can help refine your essays and present your achievements effectively.

-Proofread meticulously: Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, and spelling. A well-polished application signals professionalism and attention to detail. -Apply for multiple scholarships: Broaden your options by applying to various scholarships to increase your chances of success.

Diversifying your applications improves your chances of receiving financial assistance. Scholarships are a valuable resource for students seeking a more affordable path to higher education. By following these steps and tips, you can enhance your chances of securing financial assistance and pursuing your academic goals.

Another thing that you could include in your application are your career goals and how the scholarship will help you succeed in the future. You can explain why you are passionate about your future career, and it will help increase your chances of achieving scholarships. This will be a good start for your success in the future.