Applying for West-Mec

Valerie Alvarado
West-MEC Southwest Campus in Buckeye Arizona

West-MEC specializes in career and technical education programs. By applying and enrolling in these programs, students gain practical skills and knowledge that can directly prepare any student for a specific career or industry, giving you a head start in your chosen field.

West-MEC holds significant importance for several reasons, both high school students and adults looking for their future education and career path.

West-MEC offers various programs across various industries, including healthcare, automotive, aviation, and more. This diversity allows you to find a program that aligns with your interests and career goals.

West-Mec has many campuses as well—no need to drive so far when there are a lot around AZ. There is a West-Mec Southwest Campus in Verrado Way. Another West-Mec is located in Surprise AZ which is the Northwest Campus. There is a Northeast Campus in Phoenix AZ. Lastly, the central Campus is in Glendale AZ.

West-MEC also emphasizes hands-on learning, which can be a more engaging and effective way to acquire skills. With the skills learned at West-MEC students will have that knowledge to be prepared for real-world jobs and situations.

A critical reason to apply to West-MEC is that it can help you prepare for college and your future career. You can also earn college credits while still in high school!!

There are classes before school and after school. Verrado High School helps you out and allows you to get out early for your West-Mec classes. Don’t think that West-Mec is only for high school students, adults can take classes even if they are not in high school.

Verrado High School counselors Ms. Schepker and Ms. Enders gave their opinions on why West-MEC is a good school and an opportunity for learning. One of the questions that was asked was what was their opinion on why students think West-MEC is a good school. They replied, “ West-MEC focuses solely on innovative career and technical education programs that are in demand that prepare students with the advanced skills necessary to enter the workforce. Many programs that are not offered at Verrado.”

With scheduling counselors were additionally asked how if applying to West-MEC would it affect your schedule if you’re in high school and also going to West-MEC. They replied and said, “ Each program has a unique schedule. Once a student is accepted to a program, they work with their counselor to adjust their Verrado schedule around their West-MEC schedule.”

With applying to West-MEC and joining the programs and getting involved you can learn all new kinds of skills and make new friends and connections and by joining these with your West-MEC certificate that can get you into college and help you get ahead in your career choice.

West-MEC helps with so many things, you may think that there are only a few programs and you are not interested in them but overall West-MEC connects you to more than just programs that they offer it helps you with college, and gain college credits while still in high school and just by attending you become apart of that community and have the opportunity for many more things.

With West-MECs beyond career development, participating in West-MEC programs can contribute to your personal growth. It will help all students gain self-confidence and that’s what all students need today.