Breaking News

BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentines Day
BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentine's Day
Hannah Bruce, Allison Rospierski, and Aria Anderson February 15, 2024

Today we talk about our top three favorite romance movies to watch with your friends and loved ones during the season of love.

The person behind the profile picture might not be who they say they are, and online dating apps are an easy way for bad actors to meet up with unsuspecting young people.
Gen Z And The Dangerous Relationship With Online Dating
Alexa Simpson, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

With the privilege of about 97% of the American population owning a cell phone, it makes it possible for one to create personal relationships...

Many Sephora locations are struggling with the take over of young teens and tweens.
Sephora Kids Gone Wild
Alyssa Chavez, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024

A new alarming trend is capturing TikTok's attention with 9 to 11-year-olds raiding Sephoras around the U.S. Little girls are going to Sephora...

Student at Verrado Highschool scrolling on Tik Tok during class instruction
Tik Tok Is Ruining Your Life
Olivia Moran and Ariel Bolich February 1, 2024

Clean girl or downtown girl? Positive or negative canthal tilt? Low or high visual weight? Kids nowadays are asking themselves these questions,...

Meet the Staff
Gabby on her recent trip to one of her favorite cities Chicago, Illinois.
Gabby Comer
Editor-in-Chief

Ever since 5th grade, when her girl scout troop went to tour a news studio. Gabby Comer has known she wanted to be a journalist. Making her childhood dreams come true, she is ecstatic to be stepping into...

Hannah Bruce
Hannah Bruce
Staff Writer

Although she was born in New Jersey, Hannah Bruce has been as close to an Arizona Native as she can get. She is a collector of hobbies, always finding something new to dive into. She spends her free time...

The Winter Wish Assembly Is A Success

This month’s Wish Week Assembly was made extra special when students, teachers,  and admin staff participated in some wild stunts for charity. We had a bizarre foot race between cookies and Christmas trees with the Snowman finally pulling ahead. Cheer and Pom did an amazing job getting the Viper crowd in the spirit of the event. It was also crazy, messy fun when Ms. Bonessi and Mr. Thomas became human sundaes all for charity.

Mrs. Summers and Mrs. Spiegel competed in a mock MMA fight to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It was definitely a close match and had all the students cheering and rooting for their teachers.

Verrado staff and students donated enough money to help 9-year-old Brock’s dream of flying to NYC and taking a train to Niagara Falls come true!