Psych Club: Insight Into Young Minds

Join Psych Club for Community Service.
Courtesy of Kristi Kastenbaum
Joining the psych club opens door to unravel complications of the human mind

The psych club would like to welcome all Verrado students to a new opportunity to learn and grow! At the beginning of the year, there will be a meeting where you can get important information and go over expectations for the year.

It will be led by many passionate students and guided by Ms. Kastenbaum and Ms. Jenn. The psych club serves as a platform for young minds to explore, express, discuss, and experiment with the concept that psychology offers us.

Meetings of the Psych club are nothing short of thought-provoking. Throughout the year, members will engage in lively discussions about psychological theories and conduct their own mind experiments in hopes to shed light on the human mind. These activities will not only foster critical thinking but also ignite a curiosity that helps academic pursuits.

One of the club’s highlights is its community outreach initiatives. Understanding the importance of mental health and well-being, the psych club will organize some workshops and promote positive mental health practices among the students later on in the year. Through these efforts, club members not only deepen their understanding of psychological principles but also become advocates for mental wellness within the school’s community.

Participating in the Verrado High School Psych Club offers students a chance to develop skills that are invaluable in both academic and personal spheres. Effective communication, teamwork, and analytical thinking are honed as members engage in discussions and collaborative projects. The club also nurtures leadership qualities as students take on roles that facilitate its smooth functioning.

Mrs. Kastenbaum posing during the passing period on Friday, August 18th

In a world where understanding and empathy are more important than ever, the Verrado High School psych is a beacon of enlightenment. It cultivates a deeper comprehension of the human experience, fostering an environment where diverse minds come together to uncover the complex layers of our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.

Mrs. Kastenbaum shares that her goal for the club is to get others interested in psychology in any way possible and hopes to do service projects and get some guest speakers to talk about the relevance of psychology in occupations. Ms.Kastenbaum also states that later on in the year psych club members will be able to participate in Brainbee during the spring which is a big city-wide tournament of psychology clubs and get together and discuss all things psychology.

It’s a safe space and anyone could come and talk about their day and talk about anything going on in the world before and after the psych club. According to Ms. K, she wants it to be a safe place where students can be who they are and not worry about any judgment by anyone.

As these young fanatics continue to explore the boundless terrain of psychology, they not only enrich their own lives but also contribute to creating a more compassionate and informed society. If you have any questions about the psych club, please feel free to email Ms. Kastenbaum at [email protected], or, find her in room C11, where meetings will be after school every Monday.