Breaking News

BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentines Day
BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentine's Day
Hannah Bruce, Allison Rospierski, and Aria Anderson February 15, 2024

Today we talk about our top three favorite romance movies to watch with your friends and loved ones during the season of love.

The person behind the profile picture might not be who they say they are, and online dating apps are an easy way for bad actors to meet up with unsuspecting young people.
Gen Z And The Dangerous Relationship With Online Dating
Alexa Simpson, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

With the privilege of about 97% of the American population owning a cell phone, it makes it possible for one to create personal relationships...

Many Sephora locations are struggling with the take over of young teens and tweens.
Sephora Kids Gone Wild
Alyssa Chavez, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024

A new alarming trend is capturing TikTok's attention with 9 to 11-year-olds raiding Sephoras around the U.S. Little girls are going to Sephora...

Student at Verrado Highschool scrolling on Tik Tok during class instruction
Tik Tok Is Ruining Your Life
Olivia Moran and Ariel Bolich February 1, 2024

Clean girl or downtown girl? Positive or negative canthal tilt? Low or high visual weight? Kids nowadays are asking themselves these questions,...

Meet the Staff
Kevin Reinhardt
Kevin Reinhardt
Editor-At-Large

Born in California and moved to Arizona as a kid, Kevin Reinhardt is an inspired Journalist that wants to make a difference. Throughout Kevin's life, he was raised within a musical family, from his grandpa...

Verrados Social Media Manager for 2023-2024
Dulce Zavala
Staff Writer

Dulce Zavala was born and raised in Litchfield Park Az. She was born in a Mexican and bilingual household. She always was proud of her heritage. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with her best...

The 4th Annual District Honor Band

On January 13, 2024, at 2 pm, the Agua Fria Union High School District hosted the 4th annual district honor band at Desert Edge High School. In this once-a-year event, the Band Directors from all five schools in the district choose the best musicians from their band to come together as one group. Alongside these students coming together, a special clinician is chosen to conduct the band each year. This year, the honor band had the great privilege of being led by Eric Haenfler, a nationally recognized conductor and band director, who recently retired and became a board member of the Arizona Bands and Orchestras Association.

The group gets their pieces a couple of weeks in advance and individually practices until they rehearse all together the day before the concert and the morning of to solidify the songs. They played 4 pieces during the concert: Fanfare and Flourished, Incantations, When Summers in the Medows, and The Big 4. These pieces are diverse and range from upbeat and intense to slow and melodic to display the range these students can play.

Mr. Haenfler and the students are very pleased with how the concert turned out and are very excited about these events in the upcoming years.