Breaking News

BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentines Day
BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentine's Day
Hannah Bruce, Allison Rospierski, and Aria Anderson February 15, 2024

Today we talk about our top three favorite romance movies to watch with your friends and loved ones during the season of love.

The person behind the profile picture might not be who they say they are, and online dating apps are an easy way for bad actors to meet up with unsuspecting young people.
Gen Z And The Dangerous Relationship With Online Dating
Alexa Simpson, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

With the privilege of about 97% of the American population owning a cell phone, it makes it possible for one to create personal relationships...

Many Sephora locations are struggling with the take over of young teens and tweens.
Sephora Kids Gone Wild
Alyssa Chavez, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024

A new alarming trend is capturing TikTok's attention with 9 to 11-year-olds raiding Sephoras around the U.S. Little girls are going to Sephora...

Student at Verrado Highschool scrolling on Tik Tok during class instruction
Tik Tok Is Ruining Your Life
Olivia Moran and Ariel Bolich February 1, 2024

Clean girl or downtown girl? Positive or negative canthal tilt? Low or high visual weight? Kids nowadays are asking themselves these questions,...

Meet the Staff
Sonny Cruz
Sonny Cruz
Around Campus Editor

Sonny is 14 years old and he was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. Sonny likes school and learning new things. He is mostly shy but once you get to know him he is outgoing and a fun person. He loves...

Alexa Simpson
Alexa Simpson
Staff Writer

Alexa Simpson was born August 11th, 2008 in Phoenix AZ. Her family lived in Portugal at the time, but her mother Leah Simpson decided to have Alexa in Arizona where her mom’s sister lived. When Alexa...

Your FAFSA ID: MUST DO FOR SENIORS

An FSA ID is required in order to receive an financial aid for college or trade school. (Courtesy of Cynthia Smith)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SENIORS AND THEIR FAMILIES

With college applications coming up, it is important for every senior who is going to attend college to fill out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FASFA). This form is needed in order to get any financial aid at most universities and to qualify for student loans. 

The FASFA usually comes out October 1st, but this year it is going through an overhaul so it will be released sometime in December. In the meantime, students can make an FSA ID on studentaid.gov. By creating an FSA ID it will establish the digital signature needed to complete the FASFA when it comes out.

A student and a parent must create each create an FSA ID. If your parents file taxes separately they each need to fill out an FSA ID. 

FSA ID Tips 

• If you need to provide information about your parents on the FAFSA® form, one of your parents will need an FSA ID to sign the form. Your parent can create an FSA ID and then sign the FAFSA form electronically using that FSA ID. Not sure whether you’ll need to put your parents’ information on the FAFSA form? Check out StudentAid.gov/dependency. Remember: You should create your own FSA ID, and your parent should create his or her own FSA ID. Also, make sure to use the correct FSA ID when signing the FAFSA form electronically.

• When you first create your FSA ID, the use of your FSA ID will be restricted to completing, signing, and submitting an original (first-time) FAFSA form. You’ll have to wait one to three days for your information to be confirmed by the Social Security Administration (SSA) before using your FSA ID for other actions, such as submitting a FAFSA Renewal or signing a Master Promissory Note. If you provided an email address, then you’ll receive an email letting you know that your information was successfully matched with the SSA, and you can begin using your FSA ID.

• If you forget your FSA ID username or password, look for the “Forgot My Username” and “Forgot My Password” links on the log-in pages. These links will direct you to web pages where you can request a secure code to be texted to your verified mobile phone number or emailed to your verified email address. The secure code will allow you to retrieve your username or reset your password. You can also retrieve your username or reset your password by answering your challenge questions. Remember: if you verified your email address or mobile phone number during account creation, you can enter your email address or mobile phone number instead of your username to log in.

If any students or parents have questions they can contact Cynthia Smith the College and Career Specialist or stop by the FASFA Bulletin by the Cafeteria.