Play Cow Pie Bingo for Verrado Baseball

Gabe Santiago
A flyer for the fundraiser event put on by the Verrado Baseball team

The Verrado Baseball team is hosting their first major fundraiser of the school year. It is set to be on Saturday, November 18th. The event is quickly approaching with only one week remaining to buy tickets.

The event will be a Cow Pie Bingo. The ground will be split into 100 squares with Blaca the cow walking freely in the space. Wherever the cow drops the Patty is the winning square. However if the Patty ends up in multiple squared the winnings will be split.

A flyer for the fundraiser event put on by the Verrado Baseball team (Gabe Santiago)

The participants will be able to buy tickets for $25 each. Each ticket is one square so buying more tickets will give you more squares and a higher chance of winning.

There will be a total of 4 bingo cards. With there being one winner per bingo card there will be up to 4 winners. This gives 4 people the opportunity to earn that $250 payout.

The program has already received about 50 participants with even more tickets being sold by the program. Tickets can be purchased online with payments needing to be completed before the day of the event. A parent has even donated a $100 gift card to Nike for the baseball player who sells the most tickets, to motivate the students to promote the fundraiser even more.

We interviewed the head coach, Andrew Garcia, to ask what gave them the idea of using a cow for this fundraiser. Coach Garcia says, “We actually heard about the fundraiser through another organization that was able to profit a lot from it. We figured we could do the same to help our program too.”

We also asked a student and player on the baseball team, Christopher Andrews, if he was excited about the upcoming fundraiser. Christopher said, “I actually am, this is the first event we’ve had this year and we’ve already gotten a lot of people to sign up so it should be pretty fun.”

During the event on Saturday, November 18, the cow pie bingo event wont be the only fun part. The event will also include food trucks and other raffle prizes. The exciting afternoon will also include a chance for participants to meet Blanca the cow herself, who was given to the program from a supportive group of parents.

With around 50 participants signed up there are still around 350 spots left to fill. Volunteer to fill these spots for a chance to earn the pay out or spread the word to family and friends. Encouraging more ticket sales will bring more and more people to the event and bring more fun with it. Enthusiasm and participating will only add to the enjoyment of the event.

This event is sure to hold great times for bonding throughout the team and community. The last day to purchase tickets is November 17th, 2023, so hurry and make this a memorable event for everyone.