10 Musicians You Need To Listen To

Arlie’s Nathaniel Banks performing electric guitar at the Rebel Lounge.

All looking to branch out music-wise, look no further! Here is a list containing just a few of the best current artists and their greatest tracks guaranteed to have anyone hooked from the first listen! Some are popular, some not as much, all very talented with absolutely no bad songs.

1. Stephen Sanchez

Stephen Sanchez took the world by storm with his hit song “Until I Found You”, with over 782 million streams on Spotify. HIs recently released album, “Angel Face”, sticks to his ‘50’s aesthetic and perfectly captures the warm feeling of old, slow love songs. With some upbeat songs here and there, his overall vibe is feel-good.

Fan Maely Levie states, “I like how his style is very ‘50’s esc. I just really like his voice and I think he’s very talented.”

As an artist in general, he’s amazingly talented at creating catchy tracks everyone should know and love. Not to mention his incredible vocal range! HIs best songs include “Evangeline”, “Shake”, “Be More”, and “Only Girl”. These are some great songs to start off of to get a taste of what he’s all about!

2. Clairo

Clairo, also known as Claire Cottrill, is well known for her soft and mellow aura. She is the perfect artist to listen to when trying to relax or get work done. None of her songs are loud or distracting. Those who are more into the easygoing genre of music are sure to enjoy Clairo’s feel. If interested, the best songs to begin with would be “Sofia”, “Amoeba”, “Bambi”, and “Bags”.

3. Isaac Dunbar

The best word to use to describe Isaac Dunbar’s music would be “unique”. Dunbar’s tracks are filled with weird but strangely appealing effects, along with unusual song structures. He’s definitely an artist that stands out among the rest.

He’s pretty unheard of, but his music is catchy and addicting. Dunbar’s music style is odd, fun, and just loveable altogether. If this sounds inviting, try “Banish the Banshee”, “kissy kissy”, “scorton’s creek”, and “Bleach”.

4. Declan McKenna

Declan McKenna’s indie pop/rock style will have everyone bopping their heads. His viral song “Brazil” trended just last year, despite it coming out all the way back in 2017. He is one of the most underrated musicians to walk the earth and deserves so much more recognition.

He has a large variety of songs, some being relaxing, some being scream-out-the-car-window kind of vibes. McKenna incorporates keyboard, heavy percussion, and breathtaking electric guitar into his tracks to form incredible melodies. Anyone into the indie rockstar scene is sure to love everything Declan McKenna has to offer. Other than “Brazil”, some good songs of his include “The Key to Life on Earth”, “British Bombs”, “Make Me Your Queen”, “Be an Astronaut”, and “Eventually, Darling”. Be quick to learn his songs, for his next album, “What Happened to the Beach?” will be released this upcoming February!

5. Claire Rosinkranz

If the name sounds familiar, it’s most likely due to her extremely successful song “Backyard Boy”, released three years ago. However, there is a lot more to her! Currently, she is producing a large number of singles soon to be a part of a new album, titled “Just Because”, arriving shortly.

Her music is quirky and bubbly with her frequent raw audios and fun sound effects in each and every song. A few great examples of Rosinkranz’ cute and charming style could be “Frankenstein”, “don’t miss me”, and “stuck on us”.

6. Peter McPoland

“Why don’t you get it? Can’t you get it? Understand” is a line most TikTok users would recognize. These are lyrics from one of his best songs, “Digital Silence”.

Peter McPoland’s music is edgy and a bit strange. His tracks lie all over the place, so it’s hard to put him in just one category. However, he is overall an alternative/indie artist creating tracks that lie outside the box. With his recent masterpiece of an album, “Piggy”, just being released, he has become an expert in generally enticing music.

If this sounds worth a listen, try “(Here’s to the) Prom Queen”, “Come Around”, “I Need You”, and “Blue”.

7. Aidan Bissett

Aidan Bissett is a master when it comes to capturing anything love related. Breakups, crushes, relationships, he is able to voice what many people feel! His songs can be relatable to quite a few listeners, hence making this music so fun to listen to (or not so fun).

For those looking for understandable songs, “Sick”, “More Than Friends”, “Tripping Over Air”, and “Bloom” are love songs some (not all, of course) can empathize with.

8. Arlie

Indie pop quartet “Arlie” is a band worth talking about! Nathaniel Banks, the lead singer, ups their music to another level with his unique vocals while the other members make each track complete by using their respective instruments with their striking talent.

Lead singer of Dayglow Sloan Struble performing guitar at the Van Buren. (Aria Anderson)

Their songs vary from catchy upbeat indie to funky dance/electronic. This attracts all sorts of fans, despite their preferences. Arlie has a little something for everyone!

Their best songs include “big fat mouth”, “landline”, “blackboard.edu”, and “wait a minute”. Guaranteed, no regrets will be had!

9. Dayglow

Dayglow is a happy, upbeat indie band whose songs are inspired by the likes of MGMT, Paul Simon, and Passion Pit. They have racked up millions of fans all over the world because of how groovy and cheerful their tracks are. Anyone who enjoys dancing around the house while cleaning or singing at the top of their lungs driving around town should definitely give this artist a listen.

Teacher Ms. Fernandez says, “I love Dayglow because the sound is positive and upbeat which is refreshing. Dayglow has a hint of nostalgic vibes that reminds me of indie bands I listened to growing up. I appreciate the retro aura while also maintaining a contemporary feel. The lyrics have depth which I feel is hard to come by with current music!”

Ms. Fernandez’ favorite songs by Dayglow include “Medicine”, “Hot Rod”, “Close to You”, and “Can I Call You Tonight?”. Along with these songs, “Then It All Goes Away”, “Fair Game”, and “Woah Man” are fantastic additions to kick start exploring the singer that is Dayglow!

10. Roar

Roar is a breathtakingly talented artist based right here in Arizona! The singer Owen Evans manages to pull every emotion out of listeners. His songs are extraordinary because they have a different effect on every fan despite it being the same track.

A couple of his songs trended on TikTok, titled “I Can’t Handle Change” and “Christmas Kids”.

Sophomore Hannah Bruce says, “I like his voice. His songs are really cool because they’re sometimes based on real events and other times he sings about depressing things that sadly many people experience in their lives.”

Hannah’s favorite songs by Roar are “Hope” and “Poor Grammar”. Make sure to also listen to “The Comfort of a Laugh Track” and “Heart for Brains”!

These are just a few of many amazing artists that deserve more fans and recognition. Now, go ahead and give them a listen!