BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentines Day
BanterBuddies Episode 2: Romance Movies Perfect for Valentine's Day
Hannah Bruce, Allison Rospierski, and Aria AndersonFebruary 15, 2024

Today we talk about our top three favorite romance movies to watch with your friends and loved ones during the season of love.

SpaceX Rocket leaves a beam of glowing smoke behind it as it goes slowly through the sky making people question what it is.
SpaceX Launches
Valarie Alvarado and Sonny CruzMarch 29, 2024

On March 18th, 2024, there was a sudden wave of reports that came from all over the U.S. reporting a strange beam of light slowly going through...

The person behind the profile picture might not be who they say they are, and online dating apps are an easy way for bad actors to meet up with unsuspecting young people.
Gen Z And The Dangerous Relationship With Online Dating
Alexa Simpson, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

With the privilege of about 97% of the American population owning a cell phone, it makes it possible for one to create personal relationships...

Many Sephora locations are struggling with the take over of young teens and tweens.
Sephora Kids Gone Wild
Alyssa Chavez, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024

A new alarming trend is capturing TikTok's attention with 9 to 11-year-olds raiding Sephoras around the U.S. Little girls are going to Sephora...

Meet the Staff
Gabe Santiago
Gabe Santiago
Staff Writer

Gabriel Santiago, who is better known as Gabe enjoys going to the gym frequently. Gabe sees it as not only an activity but something he enjoys and is beneficial for him. It is also his safe space. It wasn’t...

Zae Cravens
Zae Cravens
Staff Writer

Zae Cravens is of Mexican and Spaniard origins and was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. During the summer going into his freshman year, he moved to Murrieta, California. But he recently moved back...

PHOTO ESSAY: Verrado Theatre Students Visit Gammage

On February 15th, Verrado High School Theatre students were given the amazing opportunity to tour backstage of ASU Gammage, a venue where many Broadway musicals are often performed here in Arizona.

Theatre Students got to see breathtaking rooms such as the lighting booth, dressing rooms, and even the pit where the orchestra is located. They also were able to see up close how things work during performances and the process of prepping up to opening night. Verrado students got a little taste of what their college journey might be like if they pursued theater in their college careers.

This field trip was truly inspiring to our aspiring actors and tech crew members who hope to work on shows such as the ones put on at Gammage for a living. 

Gammage is one of the largest theater arts performance centers in Arizona. It can seat over 3,000 and offers over 3 levels of seating. Gammage takes priority in making sure the acoustics and set design are the best quality they can be. 

ASU Gammage supports the local community too, letting little kids find their spark in the arts. This experience gave the students of Verrado an idea of what professional theater productions are like. Gammage showed off their diverse programs to the students and gave them a tour to inspire them.

ASU Gammage has made a name for itself being one of the largest exhibitors of performing arts all across American college campuses. Their goal is to inspire all students, but this trip primarily resonated with those who take theater. Gammage makes it their goal to further excite those who already enjoy theater, and spark an interest in those who never considered it, overall a life-changing experience.