Verrado’s Fashion Scene

TOMMYxNIKE
RJ Antonio
TOMMYxNIKE

In Verrado, fashion is not just about looking good; it’s about feeling comfortable and expressing yourself through your attire. Students of Verrado hold many different unique styles that blend things like comfort, nostalgia, and streetwear influences.

Accessories are a big part of fashion. Necklaces, bracelets, etc. (RJ Antonio)

Delving more into the styles amongst Verrado students, one of the recurring themes in the fashion choices is the focus on comfort and wearing “just whatever.” Many students aim for the more comfortable side of things, rather than “looking too nice.” Clothes like baggy shirts and pants are famous at Verrado for their comfort.

Some of the fashion picks at Verrado are also influenced by the 90’s vintage style. The appeal of old-school, baggy fashion has been reoccurring amongst the students. Cargo pants in comfortable outfits are popular, applying a sense of nostalgia for the 90’s vintage era.

Students also follow many distinctive color schemes that set them apart.

Colors like black, white, and brown are the primary colors that are popular in the school’s fashion scene. An earthy color palette is also recurring, as it creates a cohesive and stylish look while staying versatile enough to mix and match with different clothing pieces.

A significant part of Verrado’s fashion scene centers around thrifting at local stores. Finds from thrift stores like Goodwill are popular for clothing finds. Some students also get their clothing from thrifting stores out of state in big cities like NYC, which has many different thrifting stores.

The thrifting trend helps out with sustainability and individuality, as students can find items that match their ‘vibe’ or ‘aesthetic’, or the story they want to tell through their fits.

Streetwear has also left a mark on Verrado’s fashion scene. Students take on the skater and urban-inspired style characterized by oversized shirts and baggy pants. Students also refer to a fusion of music and fashion, which is when students apply their music taste to their clothing.

Y2K Top (RJ Antonio)

For example, students who listen to trap, rap, or metal genres may wear darker color schemes, whereas some students who listen to the pop genre may wear brighter color schemes.

Leather accessories and flare jeans are another theme in the wardrobes of Verrado students. Items like shiny belts, necklaces, and chains add a touch of edginess to the overall look while maintaining a sustainable fashion element. Some students place accessories as the most crucial role which pieces their outfits together.

Aside from what students wear in particular, some students say that they care about proportion over everything. This doesn’t only involve what specific types of clothes that are in the outfit, but it involves the color scheme, coordination, and the fitting of the clothes on them.

This matters to them because they want to make sure the outfit isn’t completely ‘random’ and has some sort of planned-out idea in the overall look.

Students of Verrado have all developed a fashion scene that describes them, and as students continue to thrive in the fashion scene, Verrado remains a place for flexible and comfortable self-expression.

View Comments (1)