Viper News

When you need the News fast, it’s Viper News; breaking stories from around Verrado High School. Graphic courtesy of Caleb Balos.

Sports:

Yesterday, tryouts for Winter Sports began, and there have been several students and families that have been completeing the required forms and documents to sign up at the last minute. It’s been asked by both the front office and athletic office to not send students to them during class time if there are any questions. Students that do want to sign-up should upload all required documents and forms to registermyathlete.com and if there are any questions, then students and/or parents should email [email protected].

Panda Express is hosting a food night for Verrado’s baseball team tonight. Panda Express offers a variety of meals such as their orange chicken, grilled teriyaki chicken, honey walnut shrimp and eggplant tofu entrees, as well as the choices of sides such as chow mein, fried rice, and white or brown steamed rice. It should be mentioned that this food night is for one night only and is available at any Panda Express location, but anyone wanting to take advantage of the Verrado foof night will have to order online and use the promotional code, – .

Course Selections:

The timeline students have to select their courses for the 2024/2025 school year has been moved up. 

On November 11th, Freshmen will be receiving a Course Selection Sheet and the included instructions for entering their courses into StudentVue during Advisory for the 2024/2025 school year. 

On November 14th, Sophomores will be receiving a Course Selection Sheet and the included instructions for entering their courses into StudentVue during Advisory for the 2024/2025 school year. 

They will then have from November 20th to December 1st to meet with their counselors to help finalize their course requests. 

Juniors will go through the same process as the Sophomores but on November 28th, and will only have from December 4th to the 8th to meet with their counselors to help finalize their course requests. 

It should also be noted that any junior or sophomore that wants to meet with their counselor will have to do it during their English class.

With Thanksgiving Break happening on the 22nd, it should be important for both teachers and parents to remind students (namely the sophomores and juniors) that there will be a limited amount of time for them to get their course requests finalized for the next school year.

Job Opportunities:

Sign ups for the Amazon information session on November 6th and will happen during RTI. So students will have to sign up ahead of time in order to participate. If there any questions, please reach out to – via email at [email protected]